Friday, March 27, 2009

Social Media Overload: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Over the past few years, the number of social media sites has increased tremendously. As part of my job as Marketing Assistant at CPX Interactive, I maintain our profiles on a number of sites. (How many is "a number?" Check out this page). In order to find the best sites for the company, I've been doing a lot of exploring myself. That's actually how I got started blogging. I was doing it for my company when I realized it would be a great way for me to be able to write and connect with people.

Between all of the profiles for work, and all of the sites I'm on personally, it can get pretty overwhelming. There are some sites that have totally eclipsed others, and I'm not sure if I'm missing out on something great. So, here are some that I'm unsure about/have been neglecting. Please share your experiences too, and help me avoid social media overload!

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Definitely let me know if there are other sites I'm missing out on, and if anyone else has questions about sites, feel free to comment about them. Thanks!

blog comments powered by Disqus