Thursday, January 1, 2009

Booklist

I love to read. A good book draws you in, and takes you along for the ride. You don't want to put it down, but at the same time, you don't want the story to end. I wrote a post a little while ago about some of my favorite books, but I wanted to expand on it and share even more. Here are some favorites of mine, and I will be adding more as time goes on. Feel free to leave your own suggestions too!

Also, if you're a blogger who loves to read, you should check out, Blogging Bookworms, the awesome online book club created by me and my friend Grace.

Historical Fiction:

The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak

The Kommandant's Girl and The Diplomat's Wife
by Pam Jenoff

The Queen's Fool
by Phillipa Gregory


Fiction:

Keeping the House
by Ellen Baker

The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns
by Khaled Hosseini


Fluff:

The Devil Wears Prada and Everyone Worth Knowing
by Lauren Weisberger

The Ivy Chronicles
by Karen Quinn

Something Borrowed and Something Blue
by Emily Giffin


Non-Fiction/Memoir:

The Glass Castle
by Jeanette Walls

The Secret Man: The Story of Watergate's Deep Throat
by Bob Woodward


Fun Books:

My Life As a Furry Red Monster
by Kevin Clash (aka Elmo)

The World According to Mister Rodgers: Important Things to Remember

by Fred Rodgers

blog comments powered by Disqus